The wind has blown its furious self
into my weakened soul.
And the air I breathe has suddenly stopped
me from being whole.
I never knew that unseen things
can make me yield in pain.
And here I am still crawling
amidst the blemished rain.
So I wrap my arms around my heart
to protect the life in me,
To shiver out is my defense
to escape this fantasy.
I dilute myself in gases
to tell you this is true:
though I’m too tired to breathe this air
I’m breathing just for you…
into my weakened soul.
And the air I breathe has suddenly stopped
me from being whole.
I never knew that unseen things
can make me yield in pain.
And here I am still crawling
amidst the blemished rain.
So I wrap my arms around my heart
to protect the life in me,
To shiver out is my defense
to escape this fantasy.
I dilute myself in gases
to tell you this is true:
though I’m too tired to breathe this air
I’m breathing just for you…

0 comments:
Post a Comment